We have exciting opportunities for technologists from a variety of Engineering and Scientific disciplines. Your interest may be in early-stage R&D, late-stage Production Engineering or something in-between, but you will share with your colleagues the imagination, persistence and diligence required to create technologies and products of genuine impact and importance.
TTP Ventus is a young, ambitious company building a business around novel micropump technologies. We are in high-volume production for our customers and are expanding our technology portfolio and creating new business opportunities. As a part of TTP Group we blend the dynamism of a start-up with the security and support of a large and successful technology organisation.
Mechanical Design Engineer
This role requires a hands-on Mechanical Engineer and will include:
- Mechanical Design of production Disc Pumps and associated test equipment
- Support R&D in the development of new pump technologies by developing prototype devices and test fixtures
- Support Business Development in the supply of robustly designed evaluation kits
- Participate in corrective action and continuous improvement activities covering production machinery, manufacturing processes and the product itself.
- Support for the qualification of new products and their transfer from R&D into routine production.
- You will report to the Engineering Manager but contribute across the business.
The successful applicant will be a pragmatic, hands-on Engineer. You must be able to work flexibly as part of a small and agile team yet demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
Qualifications and training
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing/Production/Operations or similar)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to design components and assemblies while selecting appropriate materials and manufacturing methods.
- Able to proactively fill in the gaps when a task cannot be specified fully
- Competent SolidWorks (or similar)
- Able to create and interpret Engineering drawings
- Have a good intuitive (not necessarily over-analytical) grasp of the physics of fluids and solids
- Ability to carry out hands-on debugging and development of production equipment and processes
- Clearly demonstrable problem-solving skills gained within a non-academic environment which combine calm analysis with rapid progress towards a solution
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience of micron- to mm-scale production processes.
- Advanced SolidWorks (or similar)
- Part/product qualification (eg mould tooling acceptance, design verification, D/PFMEA)
- Experience of working within a Quality Management System
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are open to speculative applications. If you think that you have the skillset to contribute to this exciting new business please send your CV to email@example.com.