< Back to Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
At LEE Ventus, our world-class micropump technology delivers precision, performance, and silent operation – all in a tiny package. We have hundreds of new customers evaluating our technology, our order book is growing fast, and consequently we are expanding our Manufacturing and Engineering Capability.
That’s where you can fit in.
We’re looking for a flexible and dependable Manufacturing Technician to maintain, develop and troubleshoot our automated production lineequipment. It will mean that our micropumps can enable even more cutting-edge innovation across the medical, life science, environmental and industrial sectors. They’re already used in an extraordinary range of inventions - such as a breathalyser that will test for cancer, a novel treatment for sleep apnoea, and a hospital-grade vital signs monitor. The potential for our technology is huge. So, your work will make a genuine and meaningful impact.
As a Manufacturing Technician you will have a significant impact on the core function of our business, meeting our manufacturing challenges with technical skill, diligence, and a hands-on approach.
Reporting to our Manufacturing Engineering Manager, and working as part of a small but growing team you will:
- Contribute to the performance, reliability, and maintenance of our automated production line equipment
- Maximise uptime by conducting preventative maintenance and implementing continuous improvements in collaboration with the wider Manufacturing Engineering Team
- Take responsibility for equipment calibration
- Work with the Production team to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Maintain stock of critical spares and consumables
- In time, contribute to building and commissioning of new machinery to expand production capacity and capability
- Level 3 NVQ or higher in Manufacturing or Engineering discipline.
- Proven track-record building and/or maintaining automated manufacturing equipment, with an emphasis on PLC- controlled, and pneumatic and electrically actuated machinery.
- Confident and competent with hand tools, machine elements and basic metalworking.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and competence using Microsoft Office.
- Resourceful, collaborative, and motivated
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience conducting ofwith motion control equipment and/or robotic arms
- Familiarity with optical equipment and/or machine vision systems
- An understanding of risk assessments
- Experience raising Purchase Orders and use of an ERP systems
LEE Ventus operates from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and collaboration whilst providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits including 25 days’ holiday and a cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance (incl. dependents)
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks, and hot and cold drinks
- Enhanced family-friendly maternity and paternity leave
Inclusion & Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity, we would love to hear from you.
So, if you’re ready to make a big impact with a breakthrough state-of-the-art technology, apply now. Every application will be reviewed and will receive a response.
Please contact email@example.com for further details. To apply online for this vacancy, visit ttp.workable.com/jobs/2783960. Alternatively please submit your CV and covering letter, stating the reference above to firstname.lastname@example.org.