< Back to Careers
Quality Control Inspector
At LEE Ventus, our world-class micropump technology delivers precision, performance, and silent operation – all in a tiny package.
Our close-knit team is dedicated to providing our customers with high-performance, high-quality products and excellent service, enabling innovation across medical, life sciences, environmental and industrial sectors through advances in wearability, portability, and simplicity. We have hundreds of new customers evaluating our technology, our order book is growing fast, and consequently we are expanding our Quality team. That’s where you can help.
We’re looking for a responsible, dedicated Quality Inspector to contribute to the growth and success of our high-value manufacturing business
In the role of Quality Inspector, you will work with internal stakeholders, customers, and suppliers to ensure that LEE Ventus delivers on its promise of high product quality and exceptional support.
Reporting to the Quality Manager and operating within the established QMS, you will be responsible for ensuring that we control and monitor product quality, tracking any issues, and helping to drive continuous improvement in our activities.
You will have a keen attention to detail and process, but also be able to work flexibly and pragmatically. You will be comfortable as part of a small, dynamic team, also demonstrating self-motivation and the ability to work independently when required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Inspection of external parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements
- Inspection of internal parts, assemblies and finished products to drawings and specifications
- Inspection of finished products before shipping, ensuring any customer-specific requirements are met
- Development and maintenance of quality control documentation
- Analysis and resolution of deficiencies found during inspection
- Provide quality support to engineering activities (e.g., first article inspection)
- Documentation control and management
- Full training will be provided.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Previous quality inspection experience in a manufacturing or lab environment
- Experience working with optical inspection equipment (e.g. microscopes)
- An understanding of mechanical drawings, including tolerances and requirements
- Familiarity with typical engineering activities in a manufacturing environment (working with tools; gauge R&R; etc)
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Experience with ERP, MRP and/or document management systems would be advantageous.
LEE Ventus operates from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and collaboration whilst providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits including 25 days’ holiday and a cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance (incl. dependents)
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Enhanced family-friendly maternity and paternity leave
Inclusion & Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity, we would love to hear from you.
So, if you’re ready to make a big impact with a breakthrough state-of-the-art technology, apply now. Every application will be reviewed and will receive a response.
Please contact email@example.com for further details. To apply online for this vacancy, visit apply.workable.com/ttp/j/A9F1639FE8. Alternatively please submit your CV and covering letter, stating the reference above to firstname.lastname@example.org.