< Back to Careers
Sales Manager - Germany
We’re looking for a start-up minded Sales Manager to help sell our innovative range of piezoelectric micropumps into the next generation of medical, life science, industrial, and environmental applications within Germany, Switzerland, and Austria.
Become part of a well-backed, rapidly growing company created to commercialise Disc Pump, a revolutionary, award-winning micropump technology. Work with our dynamic team to revolutionize the 60-year-old miniature pumps industry.
TTP Ventus Ltd is part of TTP Group and a spin-out from sister company TTP plc, a world leading technology and development organisation. TTP's pioneering innovations can be found in medical devices, digital printing, laboratory automation, wireless communications and micro technologies, to name just a few.
Like our sister company, we believe that you get the best out of people when they are self-motivated and that the most creative and inventive minds are independent. Simply put, TTP Ventus is made up of people who don’t need to be told what to do to succeed. Our working culture is collaborative and entrepreneurial.
We are located on Melbourn Science Park, TTP Group’s own campus of offices, laboratories and pre-production facilities just outside Cambridge, UK.
We’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager, based in Germany, with experience of selling pumps and/or other fluidic components such as valves and flow sensors into the medical and life science markets.
In this role you will:
- Identify, screen, and develop German, Swiss, and Austrian sales leads by responding to incoming enquiries, proactively contacting potential customers, and visiting trade shows and conferences.
- Provide support to existing and new customers, making use of our internal sales support, R&D, and engineering teams as necessary to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Lead Ventus’ marketing activity in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria by translating existing English content and making it available through German-speaking channels, as well as contributing generally to our wider marketing and business strategy.
- As part of our BD and Sales team, identify and exploit new markets and applications where we have a strong competitive advantage.
- Provide insight and support to Sales forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Effectively and proactively update our CRM system to ensure that contact, account, and market information is up-to-date and complete.
You will be based in Germany and will spend much of your time (50% or more) travelling to meetings and shows, primarily in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. You will also travel to Cambridge, UK regularly (e.g. once per month) to build relationships within our team, to share and deepen your technical and market insight, and to take part in business discussions.
Skills and Experience
You will be self-motivated and well organised, with a creative and hands-on mentality. You will also have strong communication and interpersonal skills (including fluent business English) and a convincing and engaging manner.
Your experience will include:
• A strong technical background (e.g. an engineering degree, or similar).
• At least 7 years’ experience selling fluidic components (e.g. pumps, valves, or sensors), ideally within the medical and/or life science markets.
• Fluent German, and a strong business network within Germany, Switzerland, and Austria.
You will also be fluent in the use of CRM systems, with marketing experience an advantage.
You will receive a competitive salary supplemented by a TTP Group-wide annual profit share scheme and the option to join a generous share incentive plan.
Health and lifestyle package
You’ll benefit from a generous pension scheme, private healthcare and life assurance.
Please contact email@example.com for further details, or to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and covering letter, stating the reference above to firstname.lastname@example.org.